Color Me Enchanting | Fall Fashion Colors to Enchant•
Posted on August 11 2016
Synesthesia: the ability to hear, feel, smell, and taste color. But what about speaking it? Pantone, the world-renowned authority in color, speaks it. They decide not only the colors of the year, but also those of the season, and their say-so influences the fashion industry all the way from the runway to the fitting room. In anticipation of this upcoming season, Pantone released a fall spectrum that embraces tranquility, strength, and optimism, while also transcending gender. For a sneak peak into our fall look book, browse our color mood board for fall fashion below!
A U R O R A R E D
When you need a boost in confidence, this bold red is both exciting and dynamic, and will sure get blood pumping with its warmth and sensuality.
- Double Breasted Jacket by Classiques Entier
- Lola Vest by The Dori Collection
- Open Front Cardigan by CCH Collection
- Whitney Tie Front Top by Marie Oliver
- Alyssa Wrap Blouse by Cooper & Ella
- Nubian Scarf by Piccolo New York
- Cotton Modal 3/4 Sleeve Pullover by Lilla P
- Kristian Pleated Button-Up Shirt by BCBG Max Azria
P O T T E R ' S C L A Y
Feel grounded and down-to-earth in this russet orange! Because this shade is transeasonal, your earth-toned clothes are sure to last you from the fall to winter seasons.
- Girth Print Peasant Silk Blouse by Gypsy 05
- Artisan Blouse by The Jetset Diaries
- Contrast Stitched Leather Jacket by Elements by Vakko
- Silk Grommet Gown by Valentino
- Silk Frances Cami by J. Crew
- Pointelle Blouse by Catherine Malandrino
A I R Y B L U E
The breezy nature of this shade will have you feeling light and free. Pro tip: In fall, mix the water and earth elements of your clothes for a fresher look (e.g. pairing Airy Blue with Lush Meadow, Warm Taupe, or Dusty Cedar).
- Sleeveless Shirt by Ecru
- Chambray Top by McGinn
- Asymmetric Rib Knit Sweater by St. John
- Brooklyn Chambray Short by Amanda Uprichard
- Axel Top by NSF
R I V E R S I D E
You are cool, calm, and collected, strong, stable, and sophisticated in this shade, becoming as well-rounded as the stones in a riverbed.
- Cap Sleeve Cotton Day Dress by BCBG Max Azria
- Long Sleeve Printed Dress by Whitney Eve
- Dance Dress by Nanette Lepore
- Barbade Dress by Toupy
- Patchwork Denim & Lace Dress by Sea
S H A R K S K I N
A practical color, as it is both dependable (being very versatile with the rest of the palette) and contemporary (having a bit of an edge in spite of its neutral shade), Sharkskin has a bite to it you don't expect!
- Teddy Sweater by NSF
- You Are Here Sweater by J. Crew
- Pull Over Sweater by Swildens
- Diva Kurta Tunic by Antik Batik
- 3/4 Sleeve Maxi Dress by Michael Stars
- Knit Pencil Skirt by Obakki
- Fleece Wool Flounce Pencil Skirt by Alexander McQueen
- Neville B Knit Blazer by Soft Joie
- Pleated Stretch Flannel Dress by J. Crew
- Suiting Dress by Graham & Spencer
B O D A C I O U S
Fashion accents? What about fashion "statements" with this Bodacious color! It is unexpected for fall, has a balance of exoticness and sophistication, and is both richly and vibrantly gender fluid.
S P I C Y M U S T A R D
This zesty yellow is playful with the other colors in the palette, but structured when it comes to abstract or geometric accents, such as those in #3 below.
D U S T Y C E D A R
Dusty Cedar pays homage to Pantone's color of the year, Rose Quartz, with its dustier rose hue that is very warm and inviting.
L U S H M E A D O W
The Jackie O classiness mixed with the enchantress sexiness of Lush Meadow is sure to add a certain richness to any outfit.
- Jackie O Belted Dress by Black Halo
- Jordan Top by Alice & Trixie
- Geometric Print Color Blocked Blouse by Ya Los Angeles
- Printed Wrap Peplum Blouse by Maple
- Marielle Contoured Dress by Raoul
- Superwash Double V Neck Sweater by Vince
- Masha Top in Marigold by Joie
- Barbade Dress by Toupy
By Olivia Zisman
You'll Never Guess ...
Celebrities Who Hate High Heels High-heeled shoes are red carpet essentials for celebrities but that doesn't mean everyone enjoys wearing them. Fr...Read More
Teaching During COV...
What subject do you teach and what grade?I teach English to 10th Graders.How has your job role changed during the pandemic?To be honest, I could ...Read More
College During COVI...
What college/university do you go to and what are you studying? I am currently a sophomore at St. Edward's University in Austin, Texas and studyin...Read More