Color Me Enchanting | Fall Fashion Colors to Enchant
Posted on August 11 2016
Synesthesia: the ability to hear, feel, smell, and taste color. But what about speaking it? Pantone, the world-renowned authority in color, speaks it. They decide not only the colors of the year, but also those of the season, and their say-so influences the fashion industry all the way from the runway to the fitting room. In anticipation of this upcoming season, Pantone released a fall spectrum that embraces tranquility, strength, and optimism, while also transcending gender. For a sneak peak into our fall look book, browse our color mood board for fall fashion below!
A U R O R A R E D
When you need a boost in confidence, this bold red is both exciting and dynamic, and will sure get blood pumping with its warmth and sensuality.
- Double Breasted Jacket by Classiques Entier
- Lola Vest by The Dori Collection
- Open Front Cardigan by CCH Collection
- Whitney Tie Front Top by Marie Oliver
- Alyssa Wrap Blouse by Cooper & Ella
- Nubian Scarf by Piccolo New York
- Cotton Modal 3/4 Sleeve Pullover by Lilla P
- Kristian Pleated Button-Up Shirt by BCBG Max Azria
P O T T E R ' S C L A Y
Feel grounded and down-to-earth in this russet orange! Because this shade is transeasonal, your earth-toned clothes are sure to last you from the fall to winter seasons.
- Girth Print Peasant Silk Blouse by Gypsy 05
- Artisan Blouse by The Jetset Diaries
- Contrast Stitched Leather Jacket by Elements by Vakko
- Silk Grommet Gown by Valentino
- Silk Frances Cami by J. Crew
- Pointelle Blouse by Catherine Malandrino
A I R Y B L U E
The breezy nature of this shade will have you feeling light and free. Pro tip: In fall, mix the water and earth elements of your clothes for a fresher look (e.g. pairing Airy Blue with Lush Meadow, Warm Taupe, or Dusty Cedar).
- Sleeveless Shirt by Ecru
- Chambray Top by McGinn
- Asymmetric Rib Knit Sweater by St. John
- Brooklyn Chambray Short by Amanda Uprichard
- Axel Top by NSF
R I V E R S I D E
You are cool, calm, and collected, strong, stable, and sophisticated in this shade, becoming as well-rounded as the stones in a riverbed.
- Cap Sleeve Cotton Day Dress by BCBG Max Azria
- Long Sleeve Printed Dress by Whitney Eve
- Dance Dress by Nanette Lepore
- Barbade Dress by Toupy
- Patchwork Denim & Lace Dress by Sea
S H A R K S K I N
A practical color, as it is both dependable (being very versatile with the rest of the palette) and contemporary (having a bit of an edge in spite of its neutral shade), Sharkskin has a bite to it you don't expect!
- Teddy Sweater by NSF
- You Are Here Sweater by J. Crew
- Pull Over Sweater by Swildens
- Diva Kurta Tunic by Antik Batik
- 3/4 Sleeve Maxi Dress by Michael Stars
- Knit Pencil Skirt by Obakki
- Fleece Wool Flounce Pencil Skirt by Alexander McQueen
- Neville B Knit Blazer by Soft Joie
- Pleated Stretch Flannel Dress by J. Crew
- Suiting Dress by Graham & Spencer
B O D A C I O U S
Fashion accents? What about fashion "statements" with this Bodacious color! It is unexpected for fall, has a balance of exoticness and sophistication, and is both richly and vibrantly gender fluid.
S P I C Y M U S T A R D
This zesty yellow is playful with the other colors in the palette, but structured when it comes to abstract or geometric accents, such as those in #3 below.
D U S T Y C E D A R
Dusty Cedar pays homage to Pantone's color of the year, Rose Quartz, with its dustier rose hue that is very warm and inviting.
L U S H M E A D O W
The Jackie O classiness mixed with the enchantress sexiness of Lush Meadow is sure to add a certain richness to any outfit.
- Jackie O Belted Dress by Black Halo
- Jordan Top by Alice & Trixie
- Geometric Print Color Blocked Blouse by Ya Los Angeles
- Printed Wrap Peplum Blouse by Maple
- Marielle Contoured Dress by Raoul
- Superwash Double V Neck Sweater by Vince
- Masha Top in Marigold by Joie
- Barbade Dress by Toupy
By Olivia Zisman